Friday, November 22, 2013

Stupid Fat cells: Muscle weighs more than fat

Dearest Trophy:  Taking another look at this because I need to understand why the scale did not move today!!  Science!  Pants are fitting better and I feel the energy .. but this Trophy wants to see the numbers move..  I am willing to except the reality though that Muscle weighs more than fat - while fat takes up more room than muscle. Here is the News Flash!! What I recently learned and just had to share with you is that 1 pound of muscle while about a 1/3 of the size of 1 pound of fat -can hold up to 3 pounds of water.  Fat doesn't hold that much water so it's just enlarged fat cells weighting around for us to shrink (or enlarge) them.

WHOA!!  So while it kind of frustrates me it does explain to me why the scale doesn't move sometime.  So Diva this means instead of freaking out when that scale does not move, instead we need to grab a tape measure and track inches.  Another great idea is to grab a pair of tight pants and try them on ever so often to  see how they feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment