Monday, January 16, 2017

Top 10 Diet Motivation Tips

Dear Diva's:
29 pounds Down!!!! Applause Please!! Like many of us on the diet rollercoaster. . I have Yoyo'd up and down. Most significantly by gaining back 10 of the pounds I lost.  My Shenanigans! ! Well I am very happy to announce that I just passed that marker and weigh less (only by a few oz. But I'm celebrating), than I did this spring! ! 
But this time I'm paying attention.  I won't be dazzled by dropping a dress size and forget that this weight loss journey requires work and my attention.  So my advice to anyone working hard to take back their life, their health and their self-esteem... Celebrate every pound, every oz. -And keep your eyes on the prize by following these tips

  1. Set small goals that are reachable.  I set a weekly goal for M-F & another for Weekends. 
  2. Reward yourself for hitting goals and weight loss milestones.  I reward myself with small non-food related items like a $12.00 gift card to Bath & Body Works. (12.00 buys a travel trio in new scent) Or a new makeup item from ELF purchased with pocket change. (I  love Elf's under eye soothing serum price tag $3.00)
  3. Track weight loss creatively with posters, notes, etc. & place items around your house to remind you of your goal.  I got a great idea from several Pinterest posts to use a 2 jars filling one with marbles and moving a marble to represent the pounds as I lose them.
  4. Hang up a goal outfit where you can see it.  I organized a clothing rack, like they do in a department store, full of the clothes I am trying to get back into.  The "pretty" look of the clothes makes me want to "shop" in my closet.
  5. Find motivating quotes online and Pin them to Pinterest, review often. My favorite is "You are not Fast, Cheap or Easy so your Food Shouldn't be either"- Repeat!
  6. Imagine what you will look like the day you hit your goal.  What you will wear, what you will do, who you are with... I can't wait to post a new photo here in my blog to show everyone my results wearing a pair of my skinny jeans!!
  7. Take a milestone photo after losing a few pounds and set it up as a before and after photo to document your progress.  Bonus - Playing in your makeup is calorie free!  Here is a photo of me taken after workouts.
  8. Remember why you want to lose weight! - Whether it's a special event or to fit a special outfit, remembering why you started your weightloss journey can help keep you going! Don't have a special reason, create one - why not plan a vacation or get tickets to an event coming to your town in the future?!!
  9. Make a list of things to do besides eat: Paint your toenails, try a new hairstyle, read a new magazine, etc.  Enjoy the experience of doing things that may be small but enrich your life rather than take away from your goals.
  10. Make yourself a priority and schedule time to be a Healthy Hottie! 



Hope these tips inspire you - Our Healthy and Hottie Goals need consistent lifestyle changes to be long lasting.  We can do this.. So keep going and check out my Trophy Wife Diet Beauty & Weight Loss Gadget reviews on YouTube for more motivation and ideas.
TAKE CARE OF YOU!

-EL

No comments:

Post a Comment